Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Your help needed!...update

American Cancer Society Relay For Life
Update: With your help, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. But there is still work to do. You still have time to donate before the walk next weekend. $1500 was a really lofty goal for a 3 week donation cycle, but I know I can do it! Let's help to rid the world of this awful disease. Every little bit helps, even $5 or $10. Thanks again for all the help and good wishes that you all have given to me already. It is truly appreciated!

Here's the link again: http://www.acsevents.org/relay/ca/simivalley/lsherden
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life on October 7th. It's on my 41st birthday. Last year, Mary Carves the Chicken was part of the entertainment for the walkers, but this year they aren't. Page's mom just lost her long battle with leukemia last week, so understandably they won't be playing this year.

I, on the other hand, felt even more strongly about participating, so I'm walking. They hold it every year on my birthday weekend. I'm getting back from a week long business trip to Boston (where I'll get to hang with Katie - yay!) on Saturday, and then Sunday I'll walk.

My goal is to raise $1,500. Please, please help me in this important cause! I'm walking in memory of my grandfather, Bob's grandmother, and Page's mom.

Although my fervent wish is that nobody ever has to walk in memory of somebody they love, I'm sure that cancer has touched all of our lives in some way. Here's how you can sign up to contribute: http://www.acsevents.org/relay/ca/simivalley/lsherden

Every little bit helps. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time to your blog. I don't have huge amounts of money to give, but I did make a donation on your page. I think you are doing a wonderful thing. Cancer has touched our family twice this year, and your post touched my heart. BTW, I'm one week and one year older than you. (apparently I think this is a marvelous coincidence LOL) Keep up the good work and THANK YOU. Seriously, THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pink&Cake. Welcome to our blog! I hope this won't be your last visit. First, thank you so very much for your donation! Huge amounts of money aren't the issue - every little bit adds up as I'm sure you know, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    Happy birthday to you - a little early :)

    Please stop on by again - hopefully we'll have some new reviews up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Have you read it? What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails