1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so Kris can mosey on over and
2. You have to tag two other people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)
*Kris rubs hands together in glee*
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
A Bit of Rough by Laura Baumbach
3. Are you 'out' as a reader?
Ummm… out to my online friends? Probably. And if I wasn’t before, I am now! To anyone else? I don’t think so.
4. Ebooks, print or both?
Ebooks only. That actually goes for any kind of erotic romance, not just GLBTQ. Inquiring teenage minds want to know at my house, and I’m not inclined to let them. Plus, they're disgusted enough to think that their mom might actually be interested in sex. This might throw them over the ledge.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
Oh dear. It probably averages out to about 5-7, because I probably buy about 20-30 a month. But if you’re just talking M/M, then I go in spurts, no pun intended *g*. I probably buy about 1-2 a month.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
All 3. I could buy just on a cover, but if the cover sucks big ol’ hairy donkey dicks, I might not buy it even if the blurb sounded appealing. I’d never even make it to the excerpt. I'm shallow that way.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
I do, yup. Especially for M/M, where I don’t read a ton of books.
9. Who's your fave publisher?
Hmmm… I plead the 5th.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!!
Oh gosh! That was a hard one *snort* (yeah, I’m really that juvenile). When I look at my list of books, it looks like the 2 authors I have the most books by are Josh Lanyon and KA Mitchell.
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
I’m pretty vanilla, I think. No body fluids, please.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks.
Long. It really is all about size.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
I really dislike gratuitous sex and cheaters. And 3somes just for the sake of 3somes. Even if I’m reading m/m, I’m still a romance reader.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...
he’s ready to out himself for you after one bout of glorious manlove.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
We had our first sexual experience together as teenagers, our parents tore us apart, and now we’ve found each other as incredibly hunky 30 year olds. One of us is out and one of us is closeted. I love you, let’s get it on! (Note: I'm sick of it, but it works for me LOL)
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be?
I have absolutely no clue.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
The Dark Tide, like everyone else… Please put Kris out of her misery and let Jake be a happy go lucky guy (see # 20 below)
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
BDSM seems to be a continuing trend generally in romance, but I’m not sure I read enough to really know. New trend seems to be steampunk. Ugh. Nuff said.
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off
Like I said. Jake is just finding himself. Course, Adrien might be dead by then, but still… at least he didn’t wake up one day, and realize “Oh, I’m gay, and the world is all sunshine and roses! Let’s get it on, Adrien!”. He’s figuring it out. Nobody ever said that those big strong tough guys were the sharpest knives in the drawer. It’s just taking him a little longer than everyone else.
And apologies. I'm on a diet, so no cookies.