Tuesday, February 02, 2010

January Reads...

Yay! I tracked an entire month of books. Go me! Here are the 24 books I read in January:

To Tame a Dangerous Lord (Courtship Wars, #5): Jordan, Nicole
This was a good entry in the series. I continue to love Jordan's books.

McKettricks of Texas: Tate (McKettricks, #11): Miller, Linda Lael
I heart LLM. A good, strong beginning to a new chapter in the McKettrick saga. These brothers are descendants of Jeb and Chloe's youngest son.

Early Dawn (Coulters Historical #4): Anderson, Catherine
How does she do it? Anderson writes the most touching, warm, books. This is Ace Keegan's sister's book. Smart, sassy, and vulnerable.

For Your Arms Only: Linden, Caroline
I was a tad disappointed in this one. It was good, but not as good as I've come to expect from Linden.

Sexy As Hell: Johnson, Susan (review upcoming for Book Binge)
Not a lot to recommend this one. More coming up in my review at Book Binge.

The Truth About Lord Stoneville: Jeffries, Sabrina
A new series shot off from the School of Heiresses series. Stoneville made this one for me.

At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3): Warren, Tracy Anne
Again, I do love this series, but I had higher hopes for this entry. It just wasn't as enthralling as I'd hoped.

Hard to Hold (Hold trilogy, #1): Tyler, Stephanie
Too Hot to Hold (Hold trilogy, #2): Tyler, Stephanie
Hold On Tight (Hold trilogy, #3): Tyler, Stephanie
Fantastic. Loved all 3.

Never Love A Lawman: Goodman, Jo
Oh holy mother of god. Loved this one.

Twisted Creek: Thomas, Jodi
Fabulous. I don't know why I kept putting it off. Very touching.

The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1): Brennan, Allison
The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2): Brennan, Allison
The Kill (Predator Trilogy, #3): Brennan, Allison
Note to self: never donate books that you want to reread. I really enjoyed this first trilogy from Brennan. Even the 2nd time around. I'm currently reading her newest, Original Sin.

I Can See You (book #10): Rose, Karen
My only perfect read of the month. This was gripping, heartwrenching, highly emotional, and tightly written.

Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3): Davis, Jo
A good entry. Julian was a great hero.

Voices Carry: Stewart, Mariah
Somehow, I'd never read this one - the one that started her entire FBI series. Another wonderful book from Stewart.

Midnight Pleasures With a Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #4): Heath, Lorraine
This one was good. My favorite is still the first one in the series.

Royal's Bride: Martin, Kat
Good, solid historical, with a H/H who don't deny their love, but try ever so hard to not act upon it.  

Reese's Bride: Martin, Kat
2nd in the trilogy. Another solid book.

Holiday in Death (In Death #7): Robb, J.D.
This was a good entry in the series, but somehow I couldn't bring myself to write a review. I remember loving Eve's panic as she tried to get gifts for her newfound husband and extended family.

Conspiracy in Death (In Death #8): Robb, J.D.
Awesome. Yet again.

Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2): Dane, Lauren
A wowzer from Dane.

Can I keep up the tracking in February? Hmmm...

11 comments:

  1. You can do it! I have total faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole Jordan's book sounds good. I don't think I've read anything by her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I especially love her older books. She wrote a great series 10 years ago (the Notorious series) - fantastic really, that consisted of:
    The Seduction
    The Passion
    Desire
    Ecstasy
    The Prince of Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was the Catherine Anderson on the syrupy scale? I mean, I'm probably going to buy it anyway (it' a western - I always buy those) - but she has a tendency to give me a toothache.

    Sigh. I have the Jodi Thomas and the Jo Goodman in the TBR. I REALLY want to get to the Goodman this month.

    And I need to buy the new LLM. Obviously.

    Lori - you ever read Nicole Jordan's westerns? I highly recommend The Heart Breaker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, so many things to comment on!

    First, I'm with Holly, I'm sure you can do it, keeping track of the books read!! You might slip once in a while, but you'll make it :D

    Yeah, how is the Catherine Anderson on the sweet scale? I read the Coulter series, but I didn't enjoy her newer releases. Oh wait, this is her historical western, right?

    Yay, you read and enjoyed Twisted Creek! Wasn't it an amazing book? I thought it was just so heart-warming, a community really coming together! :D

    Oh, and you read I Can See You and you say it's perfect!! Yay again!! Definitively a great book :D I was happy it wasn't as gory as the previous trilogy... and don't you like the Hat Squad? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. LORI!!! I love this!
    Okay, first, congratulations on keeping track of your reading for January.

    Second, THANK YOU for keeping track of your reading AND for posting it like this with your one to two lines of opinion / perspective. This will be so helpful for a lot of readers--namely... ME. :o)

    How is Allison Brennan's newest?

    Only two In Death books in January? Tsk tsk. Slacker. LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so the Anderson wasn't sickeningly sweet at all. I've found it's really only her contemporaries that are that sweet. This is the story of Ace Keegan's sister (from Keegan's Lady - awesome book!). In fact, this one was quite the opposite of sweet, although it had its moments.

    I'm still reading Brennan's newest. I'm having a hard time getting into it, but I know that Casee loved it, and we usually agree on RS, so I'm being patient.

    I'll try to keep this up at the end of each month, Christine. Can't say I'll actually do it, though. LOL.

    Nath, I absolutely loved I Can See You. I don't mind the gore of her other books at all, but I know some people aren't as twisted as I am *g*. I'm absolutely seething with jealousy that Holly got to read the next one already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - 24 is excellent! February is 3 days shorter so should be easy. :)

    Lots that I either have on the tbr pile or want to read.

    LOL@Eve. I love the way she bitches about the fact that she now has friends and relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? What? Holly got to read it already?!?! Not fair!!

    Best news in January was finding out that Karen Rose will be going to RT!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 24 books? That is a fantastic number! It looks like you had a great month with a lot of fabulous reads! I think you can keep track. One month down, 11 more to go, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Have you read it? What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails