Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Bit of Sass by Sarah McCarty

Sarah has done it again. She has created a story with a yummy sensitive alpha, a heroine that so many women can relate to, and supporting characters that one is sure to love (in this case, Sass' children). Even though this is a short story, the depth that is portrayed in both the story and the characters, Sass especially, are pure Sarah.

The story begins in the middle of Sass and Jacob's relationship, which I loved. During the "should we or shouldn't we" talk about taking the relationship to the next level, Jacob unthinkingly says something that makes Sass believe it wasn't meant to be. How they find their way back to each other and their individual journeys through their own issues make this a warm spirited, thoughtful look at the trials and tribulations of being a single mother, loving a single mother, and fitting a relationship into all that. The scene of the aftermath when Jacob takes care of Sass' kids for an entire day is a laugh riot, too- one that we can all relate to. Not to mention, that Jacob is hot, and the sex even hotter!

Sarah's books are an auto buy for me, and she doesn't disappoint with this one.

1 comment:

  1. You're killing me! I have to wait hours and hours before I can cozy up with A Bit of Sass. Sarah McCarty is an auto-buy for me AND I trust your reviews completely. I'm dying here. *G*

    ReplyDelete

Have you read it? What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails