Monday, December 05, 2005

Someone To Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas


Hey, Lori started it.

I am so relieved to find another author of historical romance that I love. I’m in that mode right now and, given recent disappointments like Lindsay and Balogh, was beginning to wonder if I’d hit a wall. Not so with Kleypas. With just one under my belt and 50 pages into another, I’m sold.

Like Lori, I appreciate a story that does not take place primarily in a ballroom. I also liked that this hero struggled with his feelings and was far from perfect. I did guess the plot twist relatively early on, but as it was the path to the HEA, I didn’t mind. It gave me hope.

I’ll give you the blurb and wrap it up by saying, simply—I read this book in one day, an important distinction, as I am the working Mom of a toddler. When I turn a book over in less than 24 hours, I liked it. A lot. More than sleep.

Blurb: She couldn't remember who she was...

A temptingly beautiful woman awakens in a stranger's bed, rescued from the icy waters of the Thames, her memory gone. Told that she is Vivien Rose Duvall, one of London's most scandalous beauties, she finds herself under the protection of enigmatic, charming Grant Morgan. Her life is in his hands. Deep in her heart, she knows he has mistaken her for someone else...

He was the only man she could trust.

As one of London's most eligible and unattainable catches, Grant Morgan is a man who has known every kind of woman. And the one in his arms now seems so innocent, so vulnerable, that he can't help but be enchanted. And as his love for this mysterious beauty grows, he's determined to unravel the secrets of her past and discover the truth -- no matter what.

7 comments:

  1. told ya so *g*. And they only get better as the series goes on... Nicole, I should be putting them in the mail to you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say how happy I am that you enjoyed it, Jennifer! I am also in that historical mode right now, and rereading Lisa has become a favorite pasttime these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lori! Now...I REALLY need to get to some titles and authors we haven't covered. LOL But...I won't. I like Kleypas too much to stay away from her backlist. I read Again the Magic yesterday. Started it on my lunch hour and finished after I put my boy to bed. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that one too. Her second Wallflower book It happened One Autumn is Marcus's story, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer - have you read Julia Quinn? She is terrific as well! Her Bridgerton series is great, and she wrote a few before that that are also wonderful! Her writing style reminds me very much of Lisa Kleypas, but her books are much more civilized *g* and very humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, I have not read Julia Quinn. But I'm noting the name, thanks! You do know that if I actually develop a TBR pile, I will break into hives, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! I have a ton of her stuff, if you want I can send you some

    ReplyDelete

Have you read it? What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails